Here are some main benefits that persuaded me to make this decision.
No annual fee - this is a no-brainer, but it costs me no money to keep the card open, so that is definitely a big bonus, since some other cards I’ve talked about in the series, including the Chase Sapphire Reserve, have a substantial annual fee.
Cashback - 5% cashback on various purchases every quarter.
The cashback benefit of this credit card is really great. Throughout the years, the category of items eligible for this benefit has changed, but I’ve always found it to be very useful and I’ve definitely gotten a lot of value off of this alone. Right now, it is on grocery store purchases, excluding Walmart and Target. Alongside this, you get a different percentage for other categories.
- 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 3% cash back on dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery services.
- 3% cash back on drugstore purchases.
- 5% cash back on all Lyft rides (through March 2022).
- 1% cash back on all other purchases.